Vacancies with L'Arche UK
Major Gifts Development Officer – South
Salary - £28,740 (including Inner London Weighting)
We are looking for someone to play a key role in our small relationship-based fundraising team. The successful applicant will have a track record in major donor/corporate fundraising, the financial sector or public relations and will have the confidence, competence and contacts to initiate and develop relationships with individuals and companies with the capacity to be financial partners with L’Arche. The successful applicant will represent L’Arche Communities, L’Arche UK and L’Arche International and will need to have exceptional communication skills and be extremely self-motivated. Languages, particularly French will be an advantage. This post will be based in South London but there will be some travel involved including regular trips to Manchester and occasional travel abroad.
Please follow links to the:
Phone Heather Coogan, Fundraising and Communication Co-ordinator on 0161 438 2832 for an informal discussion.
If you would like to apply for this role please email:
- Your CV
- A letter explaining why you would like the post and what you think you could bring to it.
- The Equal Opportunities form
to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 15th of March.
Interviews will be held between the 19th and 22nd of March in London.
Vacancies with L'Arche Liverpool
Care and Support Worker
Salary Range : £7.83- £8.20 per hour depending on qualifications
Hours: A full time position is 37.5hrs per week
Holidays (inclusive of bank holidays): 28days in the first year, rising to 33 days from the second year
- To work and live in accordance with the values in the Charter of L'Arche where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another and to develop their own potential for growth.
- To help facilitate and enable all household members in creating a home and enabling them to maximise their independence through the acquisition of new skills and increased social integration.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Personal care and support of people with learning disabilities:
- Supporting individuals in their leisure, social, practical, physical and spiritual needs.
- Helping people with physical needs may include some aspects of moving and handling,
- Ensuring the development of individuals ability to make choices and enabling them to increase their independence
- Developing relationships, assisting in celebrations and supporting the spiritual life so that there is an atmosphere of welcome and friendship. The growth in new friendships will respect the professional responsibilities of support, which assistants carry.
- To ensure that People with Learning Disabilities are supported to build and maintain relationships outside the community and participate in wider community goals and where possible make an active contribution.
- To support people in Employment and Education / Volunteering opportunities as appropriate and in accordance with the professional boundaries of support.
- Care of the individuals home: Supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities to grow in their independent living skills
- Completion of all necessary care and support records and security checks as required
- Attending and participating in team meetings, and any other meetings as requested including Supervision and Appraisals.
- Administration: Carrying out delegated responsibilities for tasks such as record keeping, report writing, medication, First Aid and Fire Safety
- To communicate clearly with families, visitors and other professionals
- Training and Formation: Successful completion of all training and formation deemed appropriate by L’Arche
- Statutory Regulations: To comply with all the Health and Safety regulations and good practice of the same
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, bank holidays and to do sleep-ins on a flexible basis
- General: To perform any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Duties and priorities may vary in accordance with Community priorities
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot save the above online application form. If you would like to come back to your application later, or if you have any problems filling out the form then please download and complete the following Word document:
Job application – Word document
We also need you to download and complete the following equal opportunties PDF document:
Equal opportunities – PDF document
Both completed documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.