We always welcome people to join L'Arche in a volunteering or friendship capacity. Whatever you do and however you help, you will find the experience immensely fulfilling and uplifting.
Here are some particular needs we have at present
- Regular helpers - people who can commit to regularly taking community members to appointments during the week or church at the weekend.
- Befriend a community member with learning disabilities - this usually starts by joining us for meals, prayers, pilgrimages or other events.
- Drivers and cooks - People to drive our minibus and transport community members to various activities. People to help cook meals at our communuity houses We need both regular and occasional helpers.
- Weekday craft assistants - We always need extra pairs of hands to assist at our weekday sessions in the craft workshop or garden.
- Events team - Every summer we do a series of craft fairs and community events to sell fundraising items such as candles made by our community members. Can you help us run a stall?
- Good listeners - We need people to meet once a month with one of our Assistants or staff as part of our Accompaniment programme. Accompaniers aren't counsellors or supervisors, they are a support and listening ear to help Community members to live and work well in community. (Training provided.)
- Become an advocate for a community member - helping them to represent themselves in meetings with the Community, social services etc.
- Handymen and women - People to help with the upkeep of our community houses and buildings. Regular and occasional help is always needed.
- Serve on our management committee - if you have skills in social work, law, accountancy, fundraising or communications, we loved to talk to you about joining our committee.
- Group and corporate volunteering - We regularly host corporate groups for their community volunteering days and CSR programmes. These groups have helped us in the garden, helped us decorate and repair accommodation, and helped us build our pizza oven! Get in touch to explore one off and regular opportunities for your team.
To find out more, please contact Sarah Dean via email@example.com or by phone on 0208 655 9621. Please tell us a bit about yourself, details of times when you are available to volunteer and what kind of volunteering opportunities you might be interested in.
Please note volunteer roles are subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring) check.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our community.