Do you have a passion for ensuring people with disabilities live fulfilled lives? Do you want to help create a community that really tries to value people for who they are and what they can do?
L’Arche Preston is more than just a service provider, we’re a community of people with and without learning disabilities. We provide both registered care, and support to people to live in their own place or a shared flat.
We are growing. More people would like to live at L’Arche, and choose their support from us. In a few months we will support twice the number of people we do now – we’ve a great new space at The Loom to offer.
So now we’re looking for people to join our team of full-time assistants – people who already work or live in Lancashire, and would like to apply for our current live-out vacancies.
And also those who want to apply for the opportunity to live-in.
You will learn more about how to offer high quality person-centred support and become part of a team who ensure L’Arche gives time to practical, social and spiritual needs.
You will be joining at an exciting time - and if successful when you apply and come to visit for interview, your start date will fit with the plans to welcome newcomers with learning disabilities to their new homes. You’ll help make that possible.
Locality Manager (The Loom)
Salary: £24,458 Starting salary
Weekly hours: 40 – 5 days out of 7 (out of hours rota is required)
Location: Loom, 4 Martyrs Place, Preston, PR1 6DN
A full driving licence is Desirable
Excellent terms and conditions
If you believe that people have a right to choose how to run their own lives, then we would like to hear from you. We are seeking a Locality Manager to take responsibility for the delivery of supported living services in Preston. The post holder will need to promote an enabling environment, ensuring high standards of professional practice, whilst achieving compliance with external regulatory standards. You will provide specific management, support, advice and motivation to staff teams to ensure that the people who use our services are supported to be as independent as possible and achieve their goals, promoting a person centred approach. You will be working alongside the Deputy Team leaders ensuring the service provides high quality support at all times with the support and guidance of the Registered Manager.
- Take lead responsibility within your area for compliance with regulatory requirements, ensuring that quality standards are maintained
- Lead and manager two Deputy Team Leaders and to undertake regular quality checks in the Loom
- Ensure the service provides high quality support for people with the principles of Community as its core
- Work closely with the managers and team leaders of other areas to ensure new projects and services are delivered effectively and within planned timescales
- Lead on recruitment for the team ensuring each person has a core group of staff around them to support them
- Manage and implement all elements of audits in line with L’Arche policy and procedure
- Manage all staff supervision and appraisals
- Provide care and support two days a week to model good practice
- Health and social care qualification level 4, desirable level 5 in management or care or equivalent experience (willing to undertake qualification)
- Experience in Support Living
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Experience of managing teams within the health and social care sector
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Ability to lead, motivate and challenge staff as appropriate
For a detailed job description and person specification please see here attached.
Please email your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application form here.
At L’Arche, we value our staff and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support. We are expanding and so there are real opportunities for career development. You could make a real difference to people’s lives in your local community. This is a great opportunity to develop your career.
L’Arche Preston is an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role. Please note – if we receive a high volume of applications then we may close this advert early
Application deadline: 28/02/19 @ 9am
Download each attachment here:
L'Arche Preston Community mandate
Care and Support Worker
Download these 3 documents to apply now for the role of Care and Support Worker:
Identity and Mission of L'Arche
Senior Support Worker
If you already have experience in social care, then we also have vacancies for a Senior Support Worker:
Download these 3 documents to apply now as a Senior Support Worker:
Identity and Mission of L'Arche
Alternatively, please email your name and phone number to Emma at email@example.com - noting if your interest is in a live-out vacancy, or a live-in one, or both. Or phone 01772 251113.